DAY 7: HOW TO CHEAT YOUR WAY THROUGH YOUR FIRST SKYPE CHAT
In this video you will…
- See how I “cheated” my way through my first time speaking Polish, Arabic and Japanese
- Get word-for-word scripts you can use TODAY during your conversation with a native
- Learn exactly what to do when you don’t understand what’s being said to you
To share a video, just set up a camera or smartphone to get your perspective on your first seconds. This way you don’t need to ask the other person’s permission. Don’t forget to encourage other people talking about their own first conversations.
Here I’m sharing with you the Survival Phrases you will need during your conversation today.
Learn these phrases and use them to get by whenever you don’t understand what the other person is saying. And you’ll learn a lot in the process.
Learn these phrases to deal with problems understanding
- This is my first time speaking your language
- I am a beginner
- I’m sorry, I didn’t understand
- Can you please repeat that?
- Can you say that slower?
- Can you please write that out?
- Can you say that with different words?
- One moment
- Wait please
- I have to look that up
- I am using a dictionary right now
Ordinary “initial conversation” phrases to start off your chat
- How are you
- I’m good
- Thank you
- Nice to meet you
- I want to practice introducing myself
- Where do you live?
- What do you do for work?
- What languages do you speak?
- Thank you for talking to me
GOOD LUCK WITH TODAY’S MISSION!